Web 3D Developer Autonomy Tools at Motional (Pittsburgh, PA)
We are looking to add a Software Engineer to our visualization tools team to continue our development of tools that enable the advancement of our autonomous vehicle technology. This team works closely with various software and and R&D teams to come up with custom and standard solutions to improve visualizations. This position is in Boston MA, or Pittsburgh, PA.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
Motional develops world class production-ready autonomous driving systems. This joint venture leverages Hyundai Motor Group’s design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise and Aptiv’s autonomous driving solutions to commercialize an SAE Level 4 platform for robotaxi providers, fleet operators, and automotive manufacturers.
Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the US and Asia.
We are looking to add a Software Engineer to our visualization tools team to continue our development of tools that enable the advancement of our autonomous vehicle technology. This team works closely with various software and and R&D teams to come up with custom and standard solutions to improve visualizations. This position is in Boston MA, or Pittsburgh, PA.What you’ll get to work on:
- Develop browser based 3D visualization applications
- Work with a team of Autonomy Software Engineers to develop tools for SAE Level-4/5 autonomous driving service development
- Create software that will enable the next generation of Autonomous Mobility Platforms
- Work in a test-driven Scrum-Agile software development environment
- Support the full software development life-cycle including deployment to enterprise scale use
- BS or postgraduate degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer graphics/Visualization or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing interactive applications, with three.js and/or WebGL Graphics for one or more of these areas, or related areas:
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- You should understand 3D modeling, rendering, scene graphs, and high performance graphics.
- You should understand the mathematics behind 3D visualization, robotics navigation and sensor systems.
- You should be experienced with full stack web applications, websockets software development, and Git for version control.
- You should understand how to implement, test, and extend high quality software products.
- Experience with one or more modern visualization, gaming and physics engines is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Lambda and Python, or C++ is a plus.
Motional is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.