With our recent $41M Series B fundraise in April 2022, our product is built on the belief that commissions should be streamlined, transparent, and simple to manage. We are shaping one of the fastest-growing categories in sales tech and we secured a spot on G2's Top 50 Sales Products for 2021. Our culture is centered around serving our customers, building great experiences, and pushing each other to grow, learn, and enjoy the moments we create.
Our name reflects the idea that reaching your goals is all about the journey rather than the destination. As a team, we have a zest for life and a knack for solving problems. We're looking for top performers who lead with empathy, honesty, and curiosity. In return, you'll join a data-driven startup environment built on trust and inclusivity that celebrates success!
Team Management: Our current team consists of 15 engineers, broken into 3 teams that own a functional area of the platform, each with a skilled and experienced team lead. By the end of 2022, we're aiming to have a team almost twice that size, and to have 6 such subteams - and we'll look to you to own hiring, onboarding, and career development throughout that process.
Resource Planning: We have a thoughtful and clearly-defined product roadmap through 2022. By resourcing toward that product roadmap, with guidance from CTO and product leadership, you'll be integral in that plan coming to fruition.
Security: As we engage with larger and more complex customers, demonstrating our security bona fides has become increasingly important. As such, you'll be responsible for maintaining a robust security program, including regulatory compliance, audit-readiness and responding to procurement inquiries.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage and grow a world-class engineering team, creating an environment in which engineers are empowered, effective and happy.
- Set and achieve goals for the engineering team as a whole.
- Supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives while meeting long-term company goals in a timely manner.
- Provide visibility into the engineering team's work in a way that is legible and builds trust with leaders and other departments.
- Identify bottlenecks, pitfalls and other potential issues and work proactively with the CTO to address them.
- Embrace a 'build, measure, learn' approach and be comfortable with product lifecycle testing.
- Manage commercial operations of Engineering, including cloud costs and annual planning of R&D including headcount.
- Oversee security operations including questionnaires, GDPR compliance, SOC 2 Type 2 certification, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years leading engineering and technology teams, preferably in a high-growth technology company
- Experience collaborating with executives and product management on defining and executing on product roadmap
- Experience managing cloud operations for reliability, scalability, and security in AWS or GCP - GCP experience preferred but not required.
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving initiatives from inception to completion
- Programming experience and understanding of modern technology, ideally matching our current tech stacks (see below)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with others
- Strong project planning and time management skills
Our tech stacks include:
- Python, Django and Django REST Framework backend
- React and TypeScript frontend with heavy use of @material-ui/core.
- Docker and docker-compose for development environment
- Docker and Google App Engine flexible for production environment
About the location
Culture is a critical focus for our company and much of that comes from in-person collaboration and celebrating wins together. This position can be fully remote, or you can establish a home base at one of our offices in Austin (East Austin) or Philadelphia (WeWork downtown) for a hybrid work environment. Collaboration and teamwork should be able to happen regardless of where your desk is, and we've got the tools to help make that happen.
What's in it for you?
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with generous equity. We're building a company on transparency, collaboration, and trust. We care about the health and well-being of our team members. We pay 100% of employee premiums and offer half-day Fridays year-round. If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and want to put your passion for creating amazing user experiences to use, we'd love to hear from you.
At QuotaPath, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We have a "Bring Yourself to Work" Policy, which means we encourage team members to bring their full identities to work. QuotaPath is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company's full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
QuotaPath prioritizes the health and well-being of employees and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Candidates who believe they need a medical, religious, personal, or other accommodation from this requirement, must reach out to begin the interactive accommodation process. QuotaPath will follow all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning vaccine requirements and accommodations.