The VP of Software Development for the Pluralsight Flow product will have direct responsibility for everything from engineering to delivery of the cloud native services that enable our solution set. Reporting directly to the CTO, you will lead all parts of our Flow engineering organization, driving priorities, empowering the directors of engineering with the tools, budget, and communications necessary for them to deliver high impact insights and actions that empower engineering teams. We're looking for someone with experience building SaaS products, designing and communicating internal engineering processes, and leading leaders to fulfill their potential while keeping a collaborative and service-minded direction with their teams!
Who you are:
- Know how to deliver, operate and scale a critically important service for enterprise customers.
- Are a strategic engineering leader who is opinionated about enabling the success of great engineering teams with data.
- Use your quantitative and qualitative engineering insights to build and reinforce engineering team culture and translate this directly into the Flow product.
- Understand the implications of making one way door decisions and the confidence to do so when necessary.
- Are compassionate with a high degree of emotional intelligence who is attuned to empowering your capable direct reports with autonomy while monitoring the pulse of the broader engineering organization.
- Understand how to get the best from people. You like to build things - teams and organizations - from the ground up.
- Have enormous drive to win in a competitive market that is rapidly evolving.
- Have an eye for what it takes to build phenomenal multi-functional teams, e.g., constructing strong partnerships with your Product Management peers.
What you'll own:
- The Pluralsight Flow engineering team, consisting of 50+ geographically distributed software engineers and engineering managers. You will partner with product development, operations, design, product marketing and analytics to heavily inform the Product roadmap with your technical perspective.
- Delivery execution excellence: the overarching delivery schedule and quality of product features we conceive, build and ship to delight our current customers and win new ones
- Reliability, uptime and operations: the fundamentals that ensure Flow exceeds SLAs and is developed sustainably to continually reduce the ongoing cost of its support and maintenance.
- Engineering talent management: the responsibility to set performance management standards that cultivate and groom personal growth within your organization.
- Cross technology organizational relationships: the ability to cross boundaries and develop strong relationships with our pre and post sales team leaders and our customers.
- Being a champion for the Flow product inside Pluralsight, helping to make it a compelling tool in support of what we value and how we work!
Experience you'll need:
Your years of experience as a software engineer with large-scale technical projects delivered have prepared you for this role. Technically trained, inquisitive, and an excellent communicator, you care about quality engineering, understand business needs, and value empathy.
- Past experience leading and developing other engineering leaders
- Proven track record building strong multi-functional relationships with Product Management partners
- Extensive experience with shipping and operating cloud services, with sufficient technical depth to be an active voice in architectural investment decisions
- Demonstrated ability to focus product engineering on the top objectives and priorities that lead to maximum impact
- Experience building architectures to support API management, product instrumentation, analytics, continuous development and integration, security, data privacy and audit concerns
- Experience and appreciation for UX and UI concepts, though we do not expect you to be a designer
- Excellent technical, business and organizational competence that enables you to grow a large engineering organization