VP, Core Systems Product Engineering at The Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC scale and through continuous improvement.
The VP Core Systems Product Engineering is a key role within the organization, responsible for delivering technology-enabled solutions that drive industry-leading capability at TWDC. The role will lead the technology teams responsible for developing, configuring and integrating a complex set of applications and platforms across value chains with focus on identity and access management and delivery best practices.
This VP will collaborate with senior enterprise technology, business and senior segment technology leaders to develop and execute an agreed upon capability delivery roadmap that aligns with business goals and drives business value. This key leadership role will engage hands on to ensure that high quality products are developed with pragmatic engineering and detailed program oversight.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering environment in large global corporations
- 10+ years of experience in managing teams delivering large scale solutions across multiple business units and geographies.
- 10+ years managing strategic partnerships and building industry relationships
- 10+ years of enterprise architecture experience in complex technology ecosystems
- Recognized technology leader with proven track record of delivering software engineering initiatives at scale and cross technology/business initiatives with a focus on consumer facing applications
- Strong team player, skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization
- Strong client service orientation with ability to bring a customer-centric perspective to all situations
- Ability to cultivate a culture of openness, transparency and inclusion and build, maintain, and grow high-performing software delivery teams
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues on architecture frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of technology strategic planning and capability development with experience implementing technology strategy and roadmaps
- Strong leadership, influence, and negotiation skills with both business and technical groups
- Must be solution-oriented and business-minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering, and supporting technology systems
- Must demonstrate speed and agility while ensuring deployed business technologies can be packaged, integrated and leveraged across multiple solutions.
- Demonstrated life cycle work experience including architecture design and deployment, application development, secure development practices, systems lifecycle management,
- Demonstrated ability to build highly performant and robust technology solutions
- Ability to quickly adopt and implement new technical products and services in alignment with these architectural standards and patterns.
- Must be able to anticipate and manage risks associated with large program implementations.
- Has a demonstrated track record of on time, on budget and on function delivery.
Executive Leadership Competencies :
- Relationship Management, Influencing and Negotiating: Promotes ideas and proposals persuasively; able to work through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions that benefit the Business Units, Enterprise Technology and TWDC. Shapes stakeholder opinions effectively; projects a positive image of the organization. Provides strategic thought leadership. Ability to influence and partner with other teams in the delivery of tactical and strategic solutions
- Visionary Thinking: Has/establishes clear vision for the business of operation; maintains long-term view; able to foresee obstacles and opportunities and generate breakthrough ideas.
- Shaping Strategy: Develops distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translates broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; aligns the organization with priorities, including leading change initiatives to improve effectiveness
- Seasoned Judgment: Makes timely, tough decisions taking all critical information into account; able to grasp specifics of an ambiguous situation yet keep the larger picture in focus
- Drive Execution: Ensures the assignment of authority and accountability for continuous improvement of service levels. Integrates efforts across units and functions; provides leadership to overcome barriers and achieve results through individual and team efforts.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Attracts high caliber people; able to develop teams and talent with diverse capabilities; accurately appraises the strengths and weaknesses of other and provides constructive feedback appropriately.
- Empowering Others: Creates an environment that fosters personal investment and excellence; nurtures other's commitment to a common vision and shared values; provides opportunities for growth and achievement; facilitate collaboration and teamwork
- High-Impact Dialog: Delivers messages clearly, convincingly and in a well-organized manner; able to vary communications style for multiple audiences; projects credibility and poise; translates complex concepts and ideas into understandable terms.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Understands and embraces diversity and possesses ability to adapt behavior based on cultural norms.
- Managing Change: Manages change effectively including organizational, process and service delivery changes. Successfully gains support for business driven changes through effective and timely communication including rationale, scope and schedule.
- BS in Computer Science or another degree in a related discipline required
- MS in Computer Science or other advanced degree in a related discipline highly preferred