At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Voice Engineer will be one of several technical contacts who participates in a wide variety of projects to support and maintain organization’s voice solutions in a multi-site environment as well as support contact center technologies.
What you might do in your first year:
- Understand capabilities and constraints of Avaya Cloud Solutions and maximize feature utilization to benefit our Contact Center and Clinic Operations.
- Monitor communications systems environment and be highly responsive with taking corrective actions when incidents happen
- Maintain accurate records of topology associated with the company’s voice infrastructure.
- Support decommissioning of legacy voice infrastructure
What are some examples of projects you will be involved in as a Voice Engineer at VillageMD?
- Be a single point of contact for all incidents, requests and maintenance related to our voice platform
- Plan and execute tasks related to various projects in voice domain including migration from legacy voice platform
- Stay on top of on boarding new clinics and integrations by timely completion of voice configurations
What will make you successful here?
- Expertise in modern contact center and voice technologies & services such as Avaya Oceana or other Cloud based platforms as well as WFM platforms such as Verint and Calabrio
- Experience transitioning from Avaya On-Premises technologies to Avaya cloud-enabled and hybrid infrastructure models for both UCaaS and CCaaS capabilities.
- Proven technical and thought leadership for implementing and integrating Salesforce.com with Avaya solutions
- Ability to understand the “voice of the customer”, in other words, having excellent listening skills combined with true desire to provide best possible customer service to our contact center and clinician colleagues.
- It is critical that you have strong familiarity with Kanban mechanism, and you are highly comfortable managing your work via Kanban board
- Communication is critical for this position since you will be working with geographically dispersed teams, leveraging instant messaging tools such as MS Teams to keep everyone looped in is essential. We need this person to side on over-communication and able to provide high level of transparency.
- A low ego and humility.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field experience.
- Experience in highly available and geographically dispersed voice architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in voice telecommunications background including SIP applications / SIP trunking.
- 5+ years of experience implementing/supporting large-scale contact center and telephony environment.
- Hands on experience with VoIP solutions (i.e., Avaya, 8x8, Cisco).
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.