Video Processing Engineer - New Grad at Zoom Video Communications (San Francisco, CA)
About the Team:
As a Video Processing Algorithm Engineer, you will explore opportunities to develop and improve video codec standards in order to improve real-time video quality and performance on Zoom video products.
Work across our stack, developing software ranging from Web Server to business application layer for our distributed, cloud-hosted backend. You will work alongside fellow experts in the field, you will deliver happiness to our users, and grow your knowledge base each and every day.
- Build and develop video processing applications on both desktop and mobile systems
- Participate in research and performance evaluation of video processing algorithms
- Participate in designing and developing algorithms in Zoom video processing pipelines at module and system levels
- Implement video processing algorithms with modular and well-organized code
- Optimize video processing algorithms using x86_x64 and ARM NEON assembly code to speed up performance on corresponding platforms
- Customize, integrate, and ship deep learning models in real-world applications across various platforms including Mac, Windows, iOS and Android
- Set up test environments, develop test tools and design unit tests for software runtime verification.
- Masters Degree or PhD in engineering fields such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics. Expectation is that degree will be obtained by July 2024 or earlier.
- Experienced programming skills and proficient with C/C++ or Objective-C
- Excellent communication (both oral, written, and interpersonal)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of image and video processing
- Familiar with Java or Python
- Familiar with multi-threaded programming and communication mechanisms
- Familiar with of multimedia stream data processing flow
- Familiar with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe, etc.
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom's benefits is on our careers page here .
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .