We are hiring across multiple engineering roles, and would love to talk if your mission could align with ours.
About Spot AI
Our mission is to visually index the physical world and make that data useful to everyone at work. While Surveillance is about restricted access to video in emergencies, Video Intelligence is about putting powerful video AI into everyone's pocket at work.
Billions of gigabytes of video are recorded off cameras in US businesses every single day, it's crazy valuable data, but it's surprisingly hard for people to access.
We make Easy-to-Use AI Camera Systems and focus mainly on critical industries like factories and warehouses. We're growing fast [what startup isn't...?], already trusted by thousands of professionals across hundreds of US cities after entering market over the past year.
We're solving some hard video problems to deliver seamless glass-to-glass experiences from any camera in any IT environment into any browser on any device.. just works, no plug-ins or hoop jumping. We have to automatically discover valid camera sources in a dark LAN, figure out how to talk to them, ingest them, standardize, index for content, encrypt, and serve reliably. Plus some fancy AI to make video relevantly alertable and searchable -- all packaged into a simple + easy-to-use form.
As a Video Playback Engineer, you'll be responsible for the infrastructure from serving video to playing in native browsers.
- Own video pipeline features end-to-end, from conception through delivery
- Own the frontend infrastructure responsible for playing video
- Work in a fast paced, customer-centric environment
- Work tightly with UX design team to provide feedback + implement mocks into customer-shippable code
- Work with customer success, support, and product management to measure, tune, and patch video delivery performance
What Excites You
- Our mission [see above]
- Our values [see below]
- Working in a customer-centric environment
What Excites Us
- 1+ years of working on production applications
- Prior experience of working with video in the browser preferred [e.g. hls.js, video.js, jwplayer, WebSocket implementations, WebRTC, etc.]
- Web tooling: React / GraphQL
- Design system: Material UI
- Ability to work in a lean start-up with short sprint cycles and iterative process
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science