Verification and Validation - Senior Systems Verification & Validation Engineer at TuSimple (Ann Arbor, MI)
This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
Quick apply by emailing your resume to:
se_t__platform_s[email protected]ivy.greenhouse.ioTuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.Opportunity Overview
Do you like to break things? TuSimple is looking for that rarest of test engineers - with a true knack for teasing out problems at all layers of a design. Successful candidates will have a strong aptitude in systems thinking, test design and automation skills, and possess an exceptional combination of programming, mechanical, and electronics aptitudes. Writing and executing test plans and test cases is your sweet spot. If you have a strong background in V&V activities, a disciplined approach, and the skills to go from requirements to finished tests, we would love to talk with you!
This position reports to the Test Manager of Systems Verification and Validation (V&V) and is responsible for key aspects of proving out our Autonomous Driving System and Class 8 truck platform.
In this role, you will work with stakeholders across many aspects of testing a self-driving truck, such as hardware, software, embedded controllers, systems, hardware in the loop test benches, simulation, unit testing, and other testing modalities.Role Responsibilities
- 8+ years in combined hardware/software/systems verification and validation efforts.
- Very strong technical writing skills.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience building executable test plans and coverage driven verification.
- Ability to organize complex test activities at each layer of a design.
- Design test strategies based on requirements, architecture, and design.
- Develop test methods, including statistical techniques.
- Build test automation capabilities from ground up.
- Expose design gaps against requirements.
- Work across complex hardware/software/electronic systems.
- Solid understanding of requirements management, configuration management, product hardware and software V&V, defect management and risk analysis.
- Supports the team in investigations for identifying the root cause of failures and definition and implementation of control measures.
- Significant knowledge of the proper application of hardware and software testing modalities.
- Experience with industry standard software development and automation tools (LabVIEW, Python, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Docker, etc).
- Ability to produce and present findings and recommendations to a team of colleagues and clients.
- Generate and execute Test Strategies and detailed Test Plans.
- Execute TuSimple’s V&V strategy around existing test modalities (bench, track, remote track, public roads).
- Create V&V traceability to requirements and implementations.
- Ensure all aspects of subsystems are thoroughly verified.
- Work with customers and vendors to ensure the verification plans provide accurate and complete coverage, capable of certifying the complete Autonomous Driving System on a specified Platform.
- Work with other personnel across the organization to build a compliant verification approach to the requirements.
- Experience using DOORS/DNG, Jama, or a similar relational database to tie requirements to test cases.
- Experience working with external partners and customers in shared V&V activities.
- Advanced technical degree.
- Experience working safety critical products, such as within automotive, aerospace, or defense.
- Experience with automotive standards.
- New product development experience in a regulated environment,
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,