UX/UI Engineer at Dark Wolf Solutions (Washington DC)
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for an UI/UX Designer to work within a team responsible for providing technical and functional expertise to to transition to a cloud hosted ServiceNow instance and operate and sustain the system following the transition. The ideal candidate will be interested in working in an environment that builds cloud-based DevSecOps platforms and products. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with customers, end-users, and engineers to create and release new features in the product roadmap. The candidate should have experience applying design thinking and customer development techniques to create, deliver, and capture value for customers.
- Work closely with the Development team to construct modern interfaces in current framework models.
- Develop and test hypotheses to understand and obtain customer buy-in to platform products and solutions.
- Develop personas and usage scenarios.
- Create flowcharts that document all the possible paths that a user can take within an area of functionality.
- Wireframe interfaces that introduce new functionality in a manner that fits within the existing framework as consistently as possible.
- Translate wireframes into high-fidelity designs that are simple and intuitive.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Analyze user feedback and activity and iterate to enhance user experience.
- 5+ years of experience
- 2+ years of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) experience
- A design portfolio including case studies and/or samples of work.
- Solid problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Computational Media, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- US Citizenship and an active Secret security clearance or higher.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.