UI Engineer at Definitive Healthcare
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. We help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry. Our SaaS platform creates new paths to commercial success in the healthcare market, so companies can identify where to go next.
Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds and voices of our employees. Why? Because their diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
For over 10 years, we’ve built a collaborative culture driven by employees who share a passion for improving the healthcare ecosystem, enjoy giving back to the local community and value diversity and inclusion.
One of the hallmarks of our culture is our commitment to community service. Through the DefinitiveCares program, employees can work with their choice of more than 40 charitable organizations, supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to healthcare, LGBTQ+ issues, racial justice, women’s initiatives and more. 2021 marked the sixth year that we had 100% employee participation in DefinitiveCares.
We also provide a range of opportunities for employees to connect with each other. Employees can join dozens of affinity groups supporting causes such as women’s empowerment, LGBTQ+, Black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), disabilities and working parents and many more. Affinity groups often enable greater education companywide through training, events and speaker series.
We’re also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we’ve been recognized by the Boston Business Journal and the Boston Globe as a best place to work in Massachusetts. In 2022, Energage recognized us for Culture Excellence in Compensation & Benefits, Innovation, Great Leadership, Purpose & Value and Work-Life Flexibility!
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Explore our available positions here. We’d love the chance to get to know you.
The UI Engineer at Definitive Healthcare:
- Has more than 2 years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Ensures software is built, according to business and technical specifications, on top of an error-free and high-performing platform
- Performs code reviews
- Participates in Agile ceremonies
- Is always thinking of better ways to do something
- Isn’t afraid to fail
- Cares deeply about quality
- Developing new customer-facing features using React.js and other frameworks where required
- Store reusable components in component libraries and surface them with Storybook
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices (iOS and Android) and browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Edge)
- Work with product team and UX designers to produce pixel-perfect user interfaces using CSS and preprocessors
- Ensure all code is error-free using unit testing and collaboration with QA and Product
- Partnering with the UX team, contribute to user interaction discussions to enhance the “look-and-feel” of Definitive Healthcare platforms
- Ensure applications are appropriate secured using common authentication and authorization methods, such as SSO and JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- 1+ years of experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- JS-based build tools like Grunt, Webpack and Gulp, package management (NPM, lerna, yarn & yarn workspaces)
- Good understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and HTTP interactions
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JWT
- Unit testing tools such as jest, chai, mocha, and experience with end-to-end testing
- Understanding of software version management (Git)
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information