UI Developer - Remote at Bottomline Technologies (Hampton Roads, VA)
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
This position is 100% remote and can be based out of any location in the United States.
Bottomline Technologies continues to deliver award winning user experiences to large financial institutions around the world. One of the ways that we accomplish this level of quality at scale is through a global design system that is designed and built in-house using the modern technologies and practices. Our highly skilled design system UI development team works in close partnership with the larger Bottomline UI Developer community to ensure engagement and adoption of the system. This has resulted in hundreds of thousands of delighted customers using elements and components of the centralized design system every day. We are looking for a UI developer to join this team as we continue to move forward.
How you will contribute:
- Support the development and maintenance of Bottomline’s global component library based in ReactJS
- Collaborate with product designers and UX specialists to define Bottomline’s global design system
- Translate UX designs into UI components
- Participate in technical design and code review sessions with other developers
- Work with QA team members to help define and execute manual and automated test case
- Function as a team member on a scrum team dedicated to Bottomline’s global component library
- Support developers within Bottomline using the global component library based in React
- Provide clear communication to senior management
What will make you successful:
- 3+ years of UI Development
- A strong proponent of clean, valid, maintainable, and semantically correct HTML and CSS
- A strong understanding of Responsive Design principles
- In-depth knowledge of the capabilities of IE11+, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
- Degree in modern Web Technologies or equivalent studies in Computer Science
Additional Nice to Have Skills:
- Working experience of WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA success criteria
- Experience writing unit and integration tests a plus
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus
- Experience with React a plus
- Online portfolio or live example of work
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Srving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.