UC Collaboration Engineer at Chewy (Boston, MA)
Chewy is seeking a UC Collaboration Engineer based in Boston, MA. This position requires an engineer that will become the SME (subject matter expert) and owner of collaboration tools used at Chewy like Webex, Zoom, Slack and to perform functions such as design, engineer, install, troubleshoot, repair, test, support, monitoring, facilitating, reporting, documenting, training, working with A/V vendors, and preventive maintenance services as needed.
In this role you will be responsible for setting Chewy’s collaboration tools guidelines and organizational standards (Standards & policies) and work with other departments to ensure better collaboration and productivity by automating business workflows and integrations including writing bots, connectors, workflows, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Evangelize the benefits of Chewy’s collaboration tools within the teams to increase adoption and productivity gains
- Gather requirements for business processes and determine ways to optimize/improve Chewy’s collaboration tools setup, onboarding for teams and departments, and partnering with a software engineer team on automating fulfillment of common user and workspace admin requests
- Partnering closely with workspace owners and admins on overall health and security of the environment
- Provide governance over the collaboration tools environments (integrations, security policies, and records retention) and ensure service is meeting expectations of our businesses through regular executive and partner stakeholder engagement
- Administer and lead operational activities executed by self and partners in the day-to-day work necessary for supporting our collaboration tools organizations and workspaces across Chewy, and designing and implementing automation to support the platform and our internal customers.
- Stay current on developments within the IT space and provide recommendations on ways to automate, improve user experience, and deliver our services more efficiently.
- Implement best practices for the collaborations tools use within Chewy
- Must have experience with Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams and/or Webex, scheduling video conference meetings and managing invitee calendars.
- Conduct regular de-cluttering and archiving of inactive Slack channels
- Learn about new features and train team members for the collaborations tools in use.
- Develop training manuals and tutorials
- Developing and reporting on SLA metrics and KPIs for services
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years previous administrator experience in collaboration platforms such as Zoom/Slack/MS Teams/WebEx or similar technologies
- Familiarity with reading and creating JSON objects, developing web applications, installing web APIs and event-based API protocols, and creating Slack components and apps on Slack.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate a collaborative spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A fundamental understanding of DevOps and Security best practices
- Experience in developing workflows and bots
- Ability to work weekends or be on on-call weekend rotation
- Position may require travel
- Slack Admin certification
- General systems engineering skills experience/ office 365 Mgmt
- CCNA, CCNP Voice, CCIE Certification
- Bachelors degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]