Ubuntu Desktop Software Engineer at Canonical (Omaha, NE)
The Ubuntu Desktop Team is responsible for delivering Ubuntu Desktop, which is one of the most popular Linux operating systems available for desktops today. Ubuntu strives to be the best free software operating system in existence. Along with delivering Ubuntu Desktop, the team is also charged with leading the way in the application ecosystem necessary for external app developers to bring high quality applications to the Linux desktop.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the Ubuntu Desktop Team to build the best open source operating system in the world. Candidates should have engineering experience with two or more of Ubuntu Desktop, Flutter, Dart, GNOME, GTK, Python, Go, C, Debian or Snap packaging.What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers.