Disney Streaming Transmission Engineers are responsible for distribution, switching, and quality control monitoring of event-based and linear acquisition signals, regardless of the format (linear television, IP, fiber, etc.). Transmission Engineers also ensure that assigned partner distribution transmission is configured and routed as ordered. They will act as a technical liaison to clients and our partners to remotely troubleshoot signal issues, as well as notifying internal and external parties of signal outages. Transmission Engineers ensure all signals meet strict quality control standards and adjust video, audio and captions as required. Transmission Engineers are expected to keep meticulous notes on any troubleshooting and will help to compose documentation on standard operating procedures as needed.
The role will be based out of our San Francisco office. It will be an evening position, with a schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
- Routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facilities.
- Quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
- Remotely configure hardware as required for live events and linear acquisition and distribution.
- Provide professional, courteous and timely technical support.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2+ years in Broadcast Engineering, Acquisition, Transmission or similar work environment.
- Working knowledge of transmission and acquisition equipment and systems.
- Flexible availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Working knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
- Working knowledge of analog and digital audio signals.
- Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principles.
- Experience with Evertz, Snell, Grass Valley, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
- Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
- Some knowledge of elastic search and real-time analytics/visualizations.
- Experience in similar fast paced environments.