Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will be responsible for optimizing the traction control, regen slip control and torque vectoring performance of Rivian vehicle programs through close collaboration with the Controls software and Vehicle Dynamics teams. You will own the calibration of internal Rivian development vehicles and evaluation of competitive benchmark vehicles. You will work with the team to develop program targets and test methods.
- Create and organize a development plan to develop traction control, regen slip control and torque vectoring performance
- Benchmark competitive vehicles, record relevant information and refine Rivian’s target metrics
- Calibrate control algorithms for traction control, regen slip control and torque vectoring to meet program performance targets
- Utilize full vehicle simulation models to optimize the development of the vehicle platform by running “what-if” scenarios based around dynamic performance
- Create standardized tests and vehicle instrumentation strategies to correlate full vehicle simulation models with physical development properties
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Chassis, Powertrain, Testing and Controls teams to improve the integration of the vehicle subsystems into one harmonized driving experience
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive Chassis development with a focus on traction or stability control development
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
- Hands-on attitude, ability align and set-up the vehicle for testing
- A solid understanding of the core concepts of vehicle dynamics
- Full vehicle simulation experience
- Detail-oriented personality
- Competent using data acquisition systems
- Proficient in writing test specifications, instrumenting vehicles and executing efficient vehicle tests
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.