Tooling Engineer at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provide technical support for the production-container engineering functions as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Establishes job priorities, plans activities, schedules, and guides coordinators, drafters, and designers.
- Originates, solicits, investigates and implements improvements to container tooling, products and methods of manufacturing for the purpose of increased production, reduced product cost, and improved quality.
- Investigates, develops, and implements container-related cost improvements in material usage, operating practices, and equipment utilization.
- Investigates and prepares AFE level cost estimates.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of technical progress in general engineering, container tooling products and metal forming technology. Initiates technical meetings to review problems and improvements to suppliers, plants, licensees, and joint ventures. Maintains technical liaison with suppliers.
- Originates, solicits, and updates container product, tooling specification drawings, and disseminates this information through the container and tooling specification (CTS) book.
- Responsible for providing technical support to plants, licensees, joint ventures, customers, and other engineering groups. Participates in troubleshooting investigations and corrective action of container product and product-related equipment.
- Evaluates, qualifies, and implements aluminum materials, products and product design from internal developments, suppliers, competitors and technical institutions for the plant line evaluation.
- Provides liaison and technical support to other disciplines of the production engineering and other departments.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for your area of responsibility.
- Maintains the professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- It is the essential function of the job that the individual will not be a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves, others, or property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements and working conditions set forth in this position description.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to functionally use a computer.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Works under general supervision within parameters set by management. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of an assignment. Will take steps to avoid program delays or considerable expenditure of resources.
- Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Works in confined area(s).
- Requires short-term and long-term domestic and international travel. (40% travel)
- This position regularly requires a high degree of mental effort due to considerable interruptions and/or frequent changes of activity or workloads during a typical working day.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans