RII develops cutting-edge software for the government and military. We use agile development practices and user-centered design to create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems. We're breaking through the big, slow status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world.
As the Test Lead you will ensure our software operates as intended and releases are deployed confidently and defect free. You will work closely with the infrastructure, systems engineering, and development teams to improve or implement practices with a focus on automation. You will ensure efforts are resourced and staffed appropriately to releases out to users every 8 weeks. Get s#it done.
This position requires ability to obtain a US security clearance, a current active clearance is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work with members of the Engineering organization to help ensure the quality of our products as they are developed by:
- Leading a team of testing engineers
- Define standards and procedures to support high-quality automated testing to verify feature functionality and release readiness
- Work with the team to define, implement, manage, and maintain automated testing tools, quality management tools, performance testing tools and other products to support the efficient execution of the test plans
- Provide guidance to scrum teams and Agile Test Engineers on automating testing methods, practices and tools
- Maintain standards for the development of testing materials (e.g., scripts, configurations, utilities, tools, plans, and results)
- Support Agile Development Testing, Performance Testing, System Integration Testing and Operational Acceptance Test
- Serve as the primary focal for all testing activities across the Program
- Partner with infrastructure and product engineering teams to ensure automated testing is fully enabled
- Drive Test Team goals, tracking and reporting on status, escalating risks, and finding solutions to obstacles
- Evangelize and drive a culture of quality within the QA team and within the Line of Business by advocating for high quality, quickly escalating issues found by automation or blocking test execution, and helping other teams understand the importance of testing
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Minimum 7 years of automated testing experience
- Previous experience leading testing automation initiatives as part of enterprise systems integration
- Previous experience with leading Agile teams of 5 to 10 people
- Experience working with automated testing tools including Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber, or JUnit
- Experience testing single page web applications preferably written in Reactjs
- Experience working with the Atlassian tool suite, specifically Confluence and Jira
- Experience developing and executing test plans and automated test cases
- Experience with automation testing types to include (Unit, Functional, Load, Security, Behavioral, Integration, Component, Contract, End-to-End)
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, and in particular with software testing and/or requirements development
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to decompose problems into testable steps and isolate problems to determine root causes
- Excellent communications skills, in a technical business context, and experience conveying information to/from software developers, customers, and other stakeholders with varying technical backgrounds
- Strong time-management skills, including delivering work under deadlines or time pressure
- Previous experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience as an SDET in developing and analyzing technical automated test frameworks and infrastructure.
- Experience writing test automation test code and frameworks that can simulate complex multi-system scenarios
- Experience in the review of QA procedures, elimination of redundancies and efficiency improvements
- Experience with software development for the Department of Defense and supporting agencies
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
More Information on Research Innovations Inc.
Research Innovations Inc. operates in the Cybersecurity industry. The company is located in Alexandria, VA. Research Innovations Inc. was founded in 2009. It has 190 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 18 open jobs at Research Innovations Inc., click here.
Read Full Job Description