Test Engineer (Hybrid) at Raytheon Technologies (Hartford, CT)
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering flexibility to our employees. We've introduced role types (Onsite, Hybrid, or Remote) and now list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they will operate in our blended work environment.
*Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
- Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
*Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols. Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process.
The Product Safety, Certification & Validation Test Engineering Organization is seeking a highly motivated, creative, energetic, hands-on ground test engineer to support experimental military and commercial jet engine test activities.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of validation programs, testing, and instrumentation requirements for engine development. Possess ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment.
- Work in a team environment to ensure test operations readiness and flawless execution of test vehicle plan, tests and inspections. He/she will interface with CIPTs and Systems engineers to ensure test requirements are being met on time and within budget.
- Participate in daily task coordination, cross functional teams, troubleshooting, test stand direction, and execution of developmental and endurance testing.
- Candidate will be expected to provide innovative solutions to test requirements, often in a high-pressure environment while working with minimum supervision.
- Opportunity to join a talented and diverse multi-disciplinary organization while working with highly skilled hourly and salaried employees, as well as partners and customers.
- Support programs including but not limited to F119, F135, APU, Advanced and Geared Turbofan.
- Frequent off-shift coverage and ability to flex schedule to cover weekends (approximately 25%) is required to support 24/7 test operations.
- Position requires periodic travel to offsite test locations within the United States and occasional travel to test sites around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and 2+ years' equivalent experience.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret level security clearance.
- Experience in working validation engine projects.
- Flexibility to adapt to fluid customer requirements, priorities, and schedules.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivation to help plan and execute required tasks and lead a team to achieve significant goals with little outside direction.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team on major validation and/or process improvement projects.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools (ACE/CORE) to drive process improvements leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- Familiarity with PC based system.
- Team center experience.
- SAP experience.
- ACE Associate Certification and/or working towards certification.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms