Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, you’ll be the technical lead responsible for the overall design of software and hardware for automated test equipment (ATE). You’ll be working with our adventurous team of automation engineers on our cutting-edge end-to-end automated test systems for automotive electronics modules (or ECUs). This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems!
- Own the overall design of test automation solutions for electrical hardware, from R&D to volume manufacturing
- Be the technical lead for both software and hardware engineers during the scoping and implementation phases of the solutions
- Work with vendors to communicate requirements and ensure proper implementation
- Design modular and scalable hardware abstraction layers (HAL) for instrumentation
- Design large-scale and data-driven test automation architectures
- Design software application programming interfaces (APIs) for integration with external software automation tools
- Work with electrical engineers to design custom test PCBAs
- Work with cross-functional software and hardware teams to create requirements and standards for testing (design validation and manufacturing)
- Periodically travel to contract manufacturing sites to support bring up and troubleshooting of automated test equipment
- BS/MS or equivalent work experience in Electrical Test Automation or related fields
- 12+ years of relevant working experience
- Expert LabVIEW and Python skills for test automation and control
- Experience with object-oriented programming to design large-scale applications and frameworks
- Experience working in the automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace industries
- Experience supporting deployment automated test equipment in manufacturing environments
- Experience communicating and controlling instrumentation over multiple buses and protocols (USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, Serial, RS-485, etc)
- Experience working with modular test instruments and I/O Systems (PXI, cDAQ, PCI, PCIe)
- Experience with automotive communication interfaces such as CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Automotive Ethernet
- Experience with software engineering life cycle and best practices (source code control, unit testing, continuous integration, deployment, etc.)
- Experience with cloud database integration for data logging and data analysis
- Ability to understand technical documentation such as data sheets and wiring diagrams
Nice To Have
- Experience with automotive diagnostic protocols such as UDS and XCP
- Experience designing custom PCBAs for test and signal conditioning
- Experience using NI TestStand
- Experience with AWS
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.