We are a fully remote technology agency - composed of colleagues who bring a daily commitment to transparency, efficiency, and helping. We approach our clients and colleagues with sincerity - and recognize that innovative tech solutions pair best with wholehearted teams.
Many companies talk about their awesome perks, flexible schedules, and cool events. We can, too. Great benefits, a 100% remote culture, ongoing training, and learning are part of BlueModus. But when you come to work here, you also become a part of an incredible team that we think separates us from other tech companies. We have created a culture that attracts bright, passionate, caring people who sincerely want to do their best for clients and each other.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Solution Lead, you are responsible for the technical vision of your client projects, which includes translating the business requirements into technical requirements, breaking apart those requirements into sprints or tickets for your team, pair programming, conducting code reviews, leading demos for our clients on completed work, building packages and deploying to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will work alongside a Strategic Director/Account Manager, who serves as Product Owner and captures the business requirements, and a Project Manager, who focuses on team allocation, managing budget, removing roadblocks, and coordinating the project flow. As a project co-leader, you will empower the technical team to succeed and provide guidance and recommendations to clients to provide solutions and build trust.
What makes this role unique is that in addition to architecting solutions and leading and mentoring a team, you also can be in the code and develop the more complex solutions with your team. We find that most of our technologists love this, as they do not like to get too far from the code.
If you have experience as a Software Architect, Technical Lead, Engineering Lead, Principal Software Engineer, Web Development Lead, Lead Developer, Web Developer, Full-Stack Developer, Backend Developer, Software Engineer, Web Application Engineer, Programmer Analyst, or Web Programmer - this may be the perfect mix of architecture, leadership, and hands-on development for you.
What We Love Finding:
- 7+ years of experience with modern software design patterns, debugging, and refactoring.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 5+ years of experience leading or mentoring a technical team.
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing professional services role.
- 2+ years of experience developing traditional and headless content management systems (CMS), such as Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Sitefinity, and Contentstack.
- 2+ years of experience with MS SQL.
- 2+ years of experience with Visual Studio Tooling.
- 2+ years of experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration and automated build products like Team City and Azure DevOps.
- 2+ years of experience managing and organizing several work streams with different priorities.
- 2+ years of experience working in an agency environment with multiple clients.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices.
- Strong testing and quality assurance ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface directly with clients.
- Ability to thrive in an independent environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary between $120,000 to $140,000 based on experience and annual increases based on performance.
- Ability to work fully remote at home – we are a 100% virtual company.
- Get the checkup you and your family need with excellent health, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Recharge your batteries with ample paid time off, including 9 holidays and 20 vacation/flex days.
- A strong work/life balance with a focus that we all have - and should have - lives outside of work.
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and 3% employer match.
- Challenging work with the opportunity to personally learn and grow.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities with conferences & training.
- A bright, passionate, caring team that holds each other accountable and has each other’s backs.
- Whether you are an early riser or a snooze master, pick a schedule that works for you with flexible working hours.
- Team-building fun days and other company-sponsored activities in different cities throughout the year.