Technical Quality Assurance Inspector III at Sierra Space (Raleigh, NC)
If you are a seasoned quality inspection professional looking to make an impact in a rewarding industry, join our team! As a Technical Quality Assurance Inspector III, you'll inspect aircraft systems, production components, and support fulfilling all contractual and quality requirements, as well as verify our aircraft installed systems, logistics operations, production components, and support functions. You'll inspect operational components for serviceability and proper installation, validate Field Service Technician's work, develop and review operational procedures, and function as the on-site Aviation Safety Official. You'll capture and analyze statistical data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards, as well as make recommendations for new or enhanced methods, procedures standards, and reporting. You'll build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide them with appropriate feedback and training.
Sierra Space-based in Louisville, CO with operations in Madison, WI, Durham, NC, Huntsville, AL, Houston, TX, and Kennedy Space Center, FL-designs and manufactures the Dream Chaser spaceplane and other advanced spacecraft, commercial space destinations, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers, and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically five (5) or more years of experience; higher-level degree may substitute for experience.
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education.
- Experience with CMM Programming
- GD&T experience
- Ability to work the Day Shift and Over Time
- CMM Management and Programming Experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity.
- Frequently requires vision abilities to include close, distance, depth perception, and telling the difference between colors
- Frequently requires hearing abilities to include discerning different tones and volumes.
- Frequently lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Occasionally exposed to loud noises
Safety Sensitive Position:
- Responsible for the safety or security of people or property
- Inspects, handles, or transports explosives, dangerous or hazardous materials
- Inspects structures, equipment or vehicles
- Performs aviation related duties
- Operate or supervise vehicles, heavy or dangerous equipment or machinery.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Estimated Starting Salary Range:
$32.25 - $48.38
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.