Technical Operations Engineer at Greenlight Financial Technology (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:28 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 2, 2022
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 4 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
Last year, Greenlight was valued at $2.3B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is currently building a team of Tech Ops Engineers to execute on our goals of operational excellence.
What you will be doing:
- Production (Tier 3) support: triaging support requests from internal Customer Service & external partner support, identifying root causes, and identifying and providing workarounds
- Production (Tier 3) on-call rotation
- Bug hunting: providing feedback to developers on issues found in production environments. Reviewing Datadog logging and using tools to identify which team and part of the application is causing the defect
- Quality advocacy: be responsible for speaking for the QA team's vision and strategy
- Document and keep current runbooks
- Build and facilitate building of Knowledge Base articles
- Observe and report with an eye on continuous process improvement across engineering
- Address bugs and production issues with an eye towards 99.999% uptime
- API Testing and monitoring
What you should bring:
- 1-3 years experience with testing mobile and web stacks
- Experience with SQL queries for data validation and investigations
- Experience testing API calls with Postman
- Debugging skills: ability to identify what part of the stack is causing issues with a mobile customer flow, and ability to engage the right people to rally around issues
- Experience with DataDog, NewRelic, Zabbix, Prometheus, Nagios or other monitoring applications
- Broad understanding of testing IOS, Android mobile applications
- Broad understanding with CI/CD tooling and Terraform
Technologies we use:
- MySQL Aurora, DynamoDB, Snowflake, Redis
- Node.js, Java, Spring Boot
- React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, graphQL, gRPC
- AWS, EKS, Lambda
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
More Information on Greenlight Financial Technology
Greenlight Financial Technology operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in Atlanta, GA. Greenlight Financial Technology was founded in 2014. It has 275 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Company Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To see all 15 open jobs at Greenlight Financial Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description