Technical Marketing Engineer (Cortex Xpanse) at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
We're looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) to help scale Cortex Xpanse, one of our fastest-growing teams.
Our mission is to find risks online and protect the world’s largest organizations from malicious software and hackers. Our Internet intelligence platform collects petabytes of Internet data, leverages artificial intelligence to discover “unknown unknown” risks for customers, and delivers those insights via a SaaS web application.
As the Cortex Xpanse TME, you will directly contribute to this mission by crafting and delivering detailed technical information to our partners, our customers, and the broader team. You will be a strategic adviser to the business, driving valuable insight, guidance and feedback back into Palo Alto Networks.
- Maintain competitive intelligence
- Run webinars for technical Xpanse content
- Manage analyst relationships to foster thought leadership and keep them informed of Xpanse’s product direction
- Develop and direct technical collateral for marketing
- Design and assist with Sales, SE, and Partner enablement
- Work cross-functionally and act as a liaison between product and sales
- Deliver roadmap presentations to strategic customers
- Assist in feature prioritization
- Help maintain a database of RFP’s and responses to customers and partners
- Assist in technical writing for high-quality product guides
- Ability to set a vision and inspire teams, colleagues, and executives paired with an ability to execute
- Familiarity with the Attack Surface Management or a related field in cybersecurity (eg discovery methods, port scanning, vulnerability management, etc)
- Familiarity with the broader cybersecurity landscape
- 4+ years of professional experience, preferably in a Sales Engineering, Product Marketing, Product Management, Technical Marketing Engineering or an adjacent position
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts with a wide variety of audiences (customers, executives, etc)
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $112,200/yr - $165,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.