At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and an ongoing commitment to optimizing our technology stack. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a Technical Lead to join our Car Appraisals team. The automotive digital retailing space is growing rapidly and, for consumers, selling used cars is an important part of the process. The Appraisals team helps consumers make smart decisions by providing accurate and unbiased used car valuations based on our corpus of transaction data. The team also simplifies the process by working with our strategic partners to provide firm offers for used cars entirely online.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of software engineers to deliver consumer-facing appraisal tools
- Partner with product managers and set the technical vision for the team
- Work with our strategic partners to build products that leverage Edmunds’ strengths and theirs
- Mentor software engineers
- Own the development of features from technical design to production deployment
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
What You Need:
- Ability to balance system stability with business agility
- Experience with modern software delivery practices
- Flexibility and willingness to work with all levels of the web development technology stack
- Ability to collaborate effectively with product managers, designers, software engineers, and other technology teams
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems
- Experience leading a team of individuals with disparate areas of expertise
- Ability to mentor others in all aspects of software engineering
- Ability to see large-scale projects to completion
- Ability to convert product requirements into technical specifications and effectively communicate them to both onsite and offshore engineers
- Nice to have: experience working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Nice to have: ability to read, understand, and troubleshoot Java and Python software
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Edmunds Tech Blog
At Edmunds we’re not just about making car buying easier, we're also passionate about technology! Click here to read through our Tech Blog!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.