Technical Course Developer at SonicWall (Phoenix, AZ)
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
The SonicWall Training and Enablement team equips its customers, partners, and SonicWall employees with the required knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience to deploy, configure, and implement the vast array of SonicWall network security products and solutions. We are seeking a talented and experienced Instructional Designer to join our training development team and assist in the design and development of SonicWall’s sales and technical training curricula and SonicWall Certification programs. Key tasks will include requirements gathering, research, course development, and testing.
- Work with SonicWall content developers, trainers, product managers to design and create effective enterprise-wide training curricula and courseware for synchronous, asynchronous, or blended delivery, including individual, standalone courses and curriculum-based certification programs
- Apply the fundamentals of instructional design methodologies (ADDIE, Bloom, audience analysis, needs analysis, etc.) to create effective product training geared toward SonicWall end-user and partner enablement and performance support
- Translate complex technical information and ideas into engaging and compelling learning assets, including design deliverables, storyboards, prototypes, multimedia presentations, and instructor and participant materials that fulfil the training requirements and deliver the learning outcomes
- Create, edit, perform QA checks/review, or update training content and course assessments
- Work closely with Stakeholders and SMEs from SonicWall Engineering, Product Management, Sales Engineering, and Technical Support teams to capture training requirements
- Independently manage assigned project deadlines and deliverables and ensure training content maps to highest standards of quality
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned to maintain, review, or update content authoring standards
- 5 years of technical training content development experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Instructional Design
- Proven knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models and strategies
- Comfortable working with complex network security technologies
- Expertise with standard content development tools such as Storyline 3, PowerPoint, Camtasia, Visio, SnagIt, etc.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize, mange, and execute tasks in a complex environment
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with global and dispersed teams in different time zones
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 215 countries.