Logixboard is a white-labeled customer experience software that is transforming how the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry operates.
In a highly competitive and technologically antiquated industry undergoing rapid digitalization, we are providing freight forwarders with the only white-labeled and integrated customer experience software available to the market today.
Our software enables freight forwarders to deliver world-class digital experience to their customers, which propels them far ahead of their competition and dramatically increases customer retention and sales.
Our customers absolutely love our platform, and we're experiencing tremendous growth both in new customers and in funding, with nearly $48 million in capital raised to date.
Logixboard provides visibility and tracking in the freight forwarding industry. In the context of the very disrupted supply chain, our ability to provide accurate estimates in near real time, throughout the journey of a shipment is critical. To that end we acquire data from multiple 3rd party sources for all modes of transport - ocean, air, rail and road - to cover the whole lifecycle of a shipment.
We are looking for a Backend Technical Engineering Lead that will guide a team of 7-8 engineers in the implementation of the data acquisition for our platform.
In this role, you will work very closely with your manager and product owner to understand the product direction, current and future requirements to ensure the solution implemented by the team delivers today without closing the door to future enhancements.
This role is expected to be very hands on, where you will directly translate requirements into implementation decisions with the team, and implement with the team.
The scope of work will include:
- Developing system integrations across multiple technologies and providers to provide customers with a near real-time tracking and information
- Modeling and normalizing the data into our system across all sources to provide a consistent user experience across data providers
- Owning features through and through, from requirements reviews with our product team, implementation, infrastructure evolution all the way to production
Finally, in this role, you will be responsible for hiring and mentoring the team.
We Are Looking For:
- Experience dealing with data at large scale. Ideally, you have dealt with (sometimes flaky) 3rd party data providers and normalized that data into a larger system.
- At least 2y of experience taking ownership and leading the technical decisions within a small engineering team.
- Experience getting the team organized.
- A proven understanding of the balance between getting a solution to market quickly without compromising for the future.
- Experience with cloud-native services in AWS such as Lambda, Kinesis, S3, RDS and the general compute infrastructure.
- Experience with DBs at scale (we use Postgres and Dynamo!)
- An emphatic, collaborative and consultative work style.
Our stack is NodeJS + Typescript + SQL, so experience is a bonus, but not a must.
You must be fluent in English.
- We pay in USD and you will receive stock options.
- Unlimited time off - just coordinate your leaves with us in advance.
- High Energy - High opportunity for a growth environment
- We are a fast-growing startup where your position will have a direct impact on the business
- We strive to be a truly inclusive, diverse, and continuously-learning organization: If you have needs that create a more equitable environment, let's talk
An equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace is a high priority at Logixboard. We place a high value on those with varied experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and highly encourage under-represented and traditionally marginalized communities to apply. We build great products and great teams. Come work with us.