Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers and health plans, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey. Companies use Carrot to customize a fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
We’re on the hunt for the next member of the Product Engineering Team. Carrot is constantly working to improve on processes, quality, and techniques, with the goal of producing the best product in the industry. Every step towards our mission means more people forming the family they always wanted.
What does “tech lead” mean at Carrot?
At Carrot, tech lead is an assignment, not a title. The title is still Senior Software Engineer. For more complex projects, we understand the value of assigning a senior engineer with owning the execution plan and being responsible for keeping the project smooth. To learn more, our mentality aligns well with Will Larson’s write-up here as a path towards a Staff Engineer.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following the parts of agile that work best for us.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tools.
- We use weekly retrospectives and empowerment to help iterate on our team processes.
- We are a highly collaborative group promoting pair programming whenever possible.
- You have 5+ years of post grad software engineering experience.
- You view software engineering as a craft and welcome the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
- You care deeply about building the best experience for our users and making an impact in their lives.
- You find learning new tech and patterns exciting and love experimenting.
- You understand the balancing game an engineer has to play weighing new feature development with technical debt.
- A blank piece of paper doesn’t scare you. You are excited to design products from the ground up.
- You take pride in our mission: fertility care for all.
- Implement code throughout our tech stack.
- Help develop the direction of our product.
- Work with teammates throughout Carrot in order to build the optimal product.
- Contribute to the big picture as well as make many in-the-moment micro-decisions in the best interest of our customers.
- Influence the engineering direction of Carrot.
Our Tech Stack
Carrot is built mainly with React and .NET Core. We’re interested in people from any background as long as you have a keen understanding of Object-Oriented languages and MVC experience.
Founded in 2016, Carrot now supports 400+ companies in more than 60 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East. Carrot has been honored by CB Insights as one of the world’s most promising private digital health companies, named to Fierce Healthcare's Fierce 15 list highlighting the most promising healthcare companies, and recognized by Fast Company as a World Changing Ideas honoree, which spotlights companies that are tackling society's biggest problems.