Tech Lead Manager/Senior Software Engineer, Onboard Runtime at TuSimple (Huntsville, AL)
Email you resume directly to: [email protected]reenhouse.io Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Tusimple is a self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. System software engineers are critical to this mission by undertaking the responsibility of providing a robust and efficient framework to the intelligent autonomous driving components. This framework is of tremendous importance, as it dictates the overall throughput of the self-driving system, thus highly impacting responsiveness and accuracy.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Developing highly efficient and versatile messaging frameworks to enable low latency communication between autonomous driving function components;
- Monitoring, recording and analyzing key metrics to discover and optimize performance bottlenecks;
- Researching on cutting edge hardware/software technologies to improve autonomous driving system throughput.
- Work closely with peer teams in both engineering and algorithm departments to design, develop and refine softwares that are functionality and safety critical to our autonomous vehicles;
- Lead an engineering team to continuously improve our onboard runtime softwares;
- Identify, study and introduce latest technologies that will improve the performance of our autonomous driving softwares;
- Identify and hire competent talents to grow the team.
Experience & Skills Required:
- At least 5 years of industrial experience as a software engineer and/or manager, with at least 2 years of managing an engineering team;
- In-depth involvement in designing, developing, testing and maintaining large scale software, preferably in the field of Robotics;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Excellent vision in both business and technical perspective;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently push forward projects that requirement collaboration among multiple teams
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with autonomous vehicles, with knowledge in frameworks like ROS2.
- Expertise in one or more of the following fields: real-time systems, parallel programming, Linux kernel, networking;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks currently in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven track records of leadership and delivery.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
Email you resume directly to: [email protected]reenhouse.io Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,