Tech Lead, IPTV & Digital Media Systems (Charleston, SC)
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
The Tech Lead, IPTV & Digital Media Systems will assist with IPTV programming and deployment, particularly overseeing the Cisco Vision Dynamic Signage Director (CVD) 6.4 for SoFi Stadium, YouTube Theater and Hollywood Park reporting to the IPTV Manager. The Lead Tech will work closely with our existing Tech Lead to manage and support/implement all content needs via IPTV for all major events including the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers and all private or internal events as well as YouTube Theater shows. This role is specific to CVD 6.4 and all programming needed to script, zone, configure, ingest, maintain, organize and manage all content needs across 3000 edge devices (Digital Media Players or DMPs) - this includes over 2800 TVs, digital (LED) site signage and special activations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take the lead for all daily activations and obligations for CVD operations and content.
- Assist the IPTV Manager in regard to all IPTV operations for the Los Angeles Rams, Los Angeles Chargers and Hollywood Park.
- Take the lead on software oversight and integration of CVD.
- Knowledge of API interfaces and integrations.
- Assist with the managing and overseeing of software updates/firmware, etc., replacement parts (DMPs), RMA processes and licensing of devices as needed.
- Provide programming and content support for major and private/internal events.
- Work closely with IPTV Manager, Director of Engineering, Event Managers, Audio Engineers, I.T., etc., to ensure IPTV functionality is successful in all various activations.
- Implement and fulfill programming strategies as designed by IPTV Manager.
- Assist with implementation of sponsorship/marketing strategies, inventory and tracking (auditing).
- Collaborate with the I.T department on troubleshooting protocols and procedures as defined by IPTV Manager.
- Assist with overseeing deliverables, quality control policies and overall IPTV SOP as defined by IPTV Manager.
- Align with the departmental logistics team to ensure that all events are being tracked and scheduled properly with deliverables received by predetermined deadlines and all operating procedures are being followed.
- Assist with tracking TV use for quoting and actuals - so that events can be billed accordingly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Track tickets via our 24/7 ticketing system and assist with dispatch of techs during events to ensure issue remediation and recording.
- Be able to understand audio and video signal flow.
- Have fundamental understanding of 4K/ UHD Broadcast technology, IP routing and IP 2110 multicast architecture
- Assist in preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on all content streams related to CVD
- Daily multicast system monitoring
- Work closely with I.T. staff in supporting IPTV infrastructure
- Be able to collaborate and work with clients for concerts and other 3rd party events for the YouTube Theater.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3-5 years’ work experience in IPTV implementation at a stadium level with Cisco Vision Dynamic Signage Director 6.3 or higher.
- Proficient knowledge of live event video production in a sports environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of I.T as it pertains to overseeing network connections to DMPs, switches and basic ethernet/fiber connections.
- Advanced experience with trafficking deliverables on tight deadlines for activation across various signage platforms across a large campus.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Proficient in Google office software.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work well with other departments and organizational staff in order to collaborate and establish an effective workflow within a team environment.
- Adapt to ever changing requests and revisions and must be able to take direction and perform in a timely manner.
- Flexible in working hours including nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Attend meetings and provide updates while communicating clearly.
Knowledge of the following equipment (Bonus)
- Virtual Routing
- Ross XPression
- COM 3000
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, AE, Illustrator, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time