Developer + Engineer//Java//QA//Scala//
Team Lead Software Engineer, Backend at Hopper (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:51 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, September 17, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
• Strong experience managing a team of Backend Engineers.
• Has strong experience planning and handling risk complexities of projects.
• Led an Agile development team
• Strong experience working on Microservices architecture.
• A drive to iterate on architecture in harmony with an Agile workflow
• A love of learning and teaching
• A desire to build something new and challenge the status quo
About the job
We're looking for an amazing Lead Engineer to join Hopper's new and quickly growing Ground Transportation team! Our team is building a new category of travel at Hopper so there's a lot of opportunities to have an out-sized impact on the company.
This role you will lead the development of the backend services that power our consumer-facing app. At the same time, you'll work hand in hand with our product team to ensure the team is meeting the OKRs, and you will help mentor and hire technical team members to grow the team as needed.
- Lead feature development of the backend services that power our consumer-facing travel application.
- Align and drive team members toward an inspiring vision, while staging work to deliver value incrementally and consistently.
- Deliver a seamless user experience for our customers, leveraging Scala (No prior knowledge needed) and technologies like HBase, Kafka, GCP Big Query, Cloud SQL.
- Work hands-on with our team of software engineers and product managers to move quickly and continually raise the bar.
- Partner with the product manager to craft the product roadmap and OKRs
- Collaborate directly with Hopper’s technology leadership team to ensure Hopper’s success.
- Manage, mentor and as needed, hire technical team members.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
Read Full Job Description