About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
At Bridges, an Applied Insight Company, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation.
On joining the Bridges, an Applied Insight company team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
As the System/Software Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for providing expertise in integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment. You will develop software Tools and Services in a SaaS/PaaS environment. Building an ‘on prem’ cloud offering with open source software using Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Rook and other cutting edge tools. Expertise and desire to work in a containerized landlord/tenant environment is essential. You will also support the development of Tools and Services that increase the efficiency of software to market, within a DEVOPs culture.
- Ability to integrate, install, configure, upgrade, compile, and support COTS/GOTS software
- Generate documentation for the full software stack
- Update software for sustainment support
- Basic Linux system administration skills and shell scripting
- Execute test codes for characterization of software performance
- Provide software product ownership for HPC tools
- Working knowledge of CM tools, web documentation, and issue tracking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and switch between various architectural paradigms
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience with integrating, installing, configuring, upgrading, compiling, and supporting COTS/GOTS software in a heterogeneous operating system environment
- The individual shall have five (5) years full time Computer Science directly related work that can be substituted for a degree and have at least eight (8) years of demonstrable experience
- An industry recognized professional certification, as defined in the TT0s, may substitute as one (1) year experience. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years' experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- A minimum of 5 years experience with Unix command line
- General technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage system components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) principles and automation tools such as Puppet, SaltStack, and Ansible
- In-depth experience with trouble-shooting large Unix Clusters
- Demonstrated experience using system monitoring tools such as Prometheus/Grafana
- Demonstrated experience developing test plans
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
- Multiple health insurance options from CareFirst which include a PPO plan and 2 HMP Plans
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed. 3% 401K profit share contribution.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit; sick and vacation. Plus 80 hours of Holiday leave (10 days)
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off. -per month
- Everyone is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open door policy.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.