BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
- Customer Use case driven System Testing for FlashBlade (a unified fast file and object (UFFO) platform used for modern data).
- Own the build up and scale out of long running UFFO test ecosystems using virtualized environments and various test tools.
- As the mission is to match the Customer environment as closely as possible, do whatever it takes to make sure your test environment validates the Customer use cases properly
- Own and drive testing to completion: review product requirements, design docs, and customer use cases to build test plans, test cases, and end-to-end workloads and workflows in order to execute System Testing for new and existing features over multiple releases
- File and own related bugs: Document and debug issues in detail by deploying in-house troubleshooting playbooks, follow-up with Dev/PM teams on insights, and reproduce as needed
- Work on Customer Escalations with cross functional teams to help identify root causes and provide assistance with reproductions. Work with the forensics and support teams to understand customer bugs in depth and loop back learnings for new testing into your System Test ecosystem
- Be a voice for FlashBlade Systems Quality with the Customer experience being at the heart of the conversation
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Experience in Tech Support, Engineering Escalations, Solutions Engineering and/or System Testing with ability to create end-to-end UFFO test ecosystems from the ground up and maintain it over time.
- You understand the nature of a workflow vs a functional test and real workloads vs synthetic ones
- Knowledge of flash storage principals, file systems, file system protocols, and data replication: Flash media differences, Read/Write (IOPs, Latency, Bandwidth), I/O datapath, NFS, SMB, S3, ACLs, networking layers (switching, routing, vlans, LACP/lags), and replication specifics (like lag time, RTO, RPO).
- Highly skilled in building out and working with Virtualized environments (ESX, KVM, Hyper-V), and/or containers/K8s.
- Ability to deploy and use 3rd party tools such as; Load Dynamix, IOZone, fio, HCIBench to simulate IO test workloads as a supplement to real workloads.
- Familiarity and deep hands-on experience with application ecosystems (e.g. Netbackup, Veeam, Commvault, Vertica, Elastic Search, and Database workloads) and directory services (e.g. openldap, ad, oud) and related OS environments (Windows and Linux)
- Platform testing - cable/optics qualification against various switch vendors, flash and component qualification
- Comfortable with linux (ability to script and automate a plus)
- Team player, excellent communication skills, with strong multi-tasking ability
- Excellent problem solver
- 3+ years relevant work experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.