The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Systems Formulation & Implementation Directorate (SF&I) manages Aerospace Corporation technical support to Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and other NASA Centers and is seeking a Project Engineer to help manage the portfolio of projects and studies as well as provide direct customer support on select tasks that align with the candidates expertise.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful:
- Perform technical leadership of several tasks supporting NASA Planetary and Earth Science Missions in development by interfacing with internal technical staff to ensure timely and complete delivery of technical services as shown in the statement of work
- Manage task labor and technical performance to ensure delivery within budget and within the period of performance; negotiate scope changes when appropriate
- Listen to Project and Systems Managers to identify their hardest problems, circle back with recommendations to resolve, follow through with resolution
- Review and lead peer reviews of technical deliverables to ensure the high-quality products
- Develop detailed statements of work, establish a multi-discipline technical teams, and execute project support for new and existing customers
- Prepare monthly technical reporting and briefings for internal and external audiences
How You Can Stand Out:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering or technical discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 12 years of engineering/technical discipline experience
- Candidates must exhibit high initiative and have a track record of responsible project management, requiring someone highly organized, efficient, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective working independently and in a team setting
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Enable effective team collaboration
- Qualified to hold a US Government clearance
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Exceptional Project Management skills (Cost, technical, Schedule, Risk Management)
- Space science background
- Engage in and lead systems engineering activities, including mission architecture, concept studies and trades, requirements, design, integration, test, and verification.
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of initiative and innovation
- A MS degree in an engineering or technical discipline
- Experience in developing and/or operating space missions
- Previous work experience with NASA and / or DoD
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for services to provide that address new and existing customers challenges
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email [email protected]
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.