Systems Engineering Manager at AHEAD (Nashville, TN)
| Nashville, TN
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 15, 2022
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
AHEAD is searching for a Systems & Applications Engineering Manager to be a part of our Managed Services team. Candidates are eager to learn, customer focused, an effective communicator, self-initiating and can perform most tasks without direct oversight. This position will report to and receive direction from the Director, Managed Services Infrastructure.
- Manage day to day functions and support of the Systems & Applications Engineering Team to include incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Serve as direct escalation resource for the Systems & Applications Engineering Team dealing with technical events and customers needing additional resources or urgent attention.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and periodic performance reviews to direct reports. Facilitate team meetings and check-ins.
- Identify potential operational support issues. Assist the Director, Managed Services Infrastructure in the design, creation and implementation of new solutions and training to team members on resultant process.
- Analyze, track and present service metric statistics and trends on a regular basis that show relevant KPIs and ensure SLAs are met on a consistent basis. Monitor Systems & Applications Engineering Team tickets and customer communication for quality of service, technical accuracy and conformity to Service Level Agreements and departmental standards for excellence.
- Manage team utilization and lead recruitment efforts to grow team members to maintain a manageable workload.
- Develop and maintain technical processes and procedures.
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
- Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, as well as notifying them of impending changes and agreed outages.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems or related field. Unique education, specialized experience, skills, knowledge, training or certification may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain collaborative and positive working relationships at all levels.
- Skilled in leading people and achieving results in a customer centric environment
- Strong consultative, negotiation, persuasion, and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Understanding of virtualization, network, security and storage technologies.
- Managed Services or Consulting experience is a plus
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 52 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description