Systems Engineer at John Deere
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Dubuque
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Systems Engineer - 96800
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
This position is eligible for partial remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Systems Engineer for John Deere Construction and Forestry located in Dubuque, IA, you will...
- Diagnose, drive to root cause, and resolve vehicle software performance issues for Excavator products
- Perform software systems engineering tasks, e.g., requirements analysis, software requirements development, architecture development, diagnostics definition, and design/code reviews
- Lead/coordinate with software team to evaluate and integrate hardware, controls, and software solutions for Excavators
VISA Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Two or more years of professional experience in engineering design or test within a mechanical, electrical, or software discipline
- Two or more years demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to break complex opportunities/issues/obstacles down into executable action items, determine root cause, and drive correction action.
- Two or more years demonstrating leadership capability, project management, communication, and teamwork skills
- An initiative-taker with the ability to work well without close direction.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in vehicle electrical system design and troubleshooting
- Experience developing and writing vehicle software requirements
- Knowledge of embedded software development or control systems
- Experience with the following hardware/software tools: Capital Harness, PDM Link, or Matlab/Simulink
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Engineering or MIT/CalTech certificate completion
- J1939 CAN, EMB 32, and design for diagnostics experience
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering. ( Other engineering disciplines/Computer Science/Software Engineering are acceptable .)
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.