Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 640
Riverside Research is looking for a candidate to support the US Navy Software Factory supporting the AEGIS Weapons System. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an independent problem solver, and have excellent communication skills both written and oral. They must also be able to enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic, engineering-oriented work environment.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
Coordinate with the Government, U.S. Navy software factories, and Third-Party contractors to leverage the Forge CBDE provided by the Government to support Performance Analysis and Studies
- conduct feasibility-engineering studies and perform critical experiments and analyses to provide early concept exploration of new or alternative approaches relating to both the hardware and software elements of the ICS.
- Perform evaluation and analysis of current systems/processes to determine effectiveness of capability development, integration, and management of the ICS.
- Deliver reports outlining analysis progress.
- Analyze the impact on performance and system configuration caused by the integration of new or modified systems and equipment into the ICS. Provide recommendations to the Government on specific implementation details, final configuration, and interface requirements of the ICS.
- Work with the Government to conduct critical experiments in order to refine the potential performance of the ICS with new systems or capability.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of scenarios and provide administrative support as requested.
- Support Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
- Conducting investigations into potential ICS upgrades and emergent requirements.
- Provide liaison support to the Government activities and Government Participating Acquisition Resource Mangers (PARMs).
- Assessing critical impact of changes to ICS design and performance; define alternative integration options; determine minimal/required integration to mitigate adverse operational impacts; prepare engineering estimates.
- Assessing impacts of changes upon ship and land based sites.
- Reviewing ICS changes and maintain cognizance of PARM development plans in order to ensure early understanding of changes.
- Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or comparable technical field
- 7+ years’ experience
- Solid understanding of Systems Engineering, Performance Analysis, Engineering Studies and Agile SW development processes and tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage customer relationships and identify and pursue emerging opportunities.
- Strong C/C++, Java, and Python development skills
- Qualified candidates should also possess knowledge of software architectures, software industry best practices, and emerging software technologies. Experience in Agile processes and DevSecOps is also desired.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or comparable technical field
- MBSE Modeling and Tools Experience
- NAVSEA Experience
- AEGIS Experience (Radar, Combat System, Ship Self Defense)
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email [email protected] A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: