At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.Responsibilities
- Perform system administration of operating systems, client software, patch application, and driver installation IAW MAJCOM or AFNETOPS requirements/procedures and representatives.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the family of GCCS equipment, including remote and on-site systems administration, systems engineering and database administration.
- Perform verification of compatibility and interoperability of system changes through operational testing and evaluation.
- Perform transitioning and migration to new system releases (major and minor version upgrades, patches and service packs).
- Provide feedback and support to GCCS developers when required.
- Provide system administration related support for GCCS-J COP, GCCS-AF DCAPES, GCCS-AF LOGFAC, and other databases, management structures, and security functional areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field. Seven years (7) on the job experience/expertise can be substituted for Bachelor's Degree. Of these seven (7) years, two (2) must be related to C4 programs.
- 5+ years of experience providing information systems administration support, and two (2) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4 programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, UNIX, Solaris OS, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp.
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to include Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop.
Certifications Required: DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification.
Clearance required: Secret security clearance
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Applied Insight maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Applied Insight to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Applied Insight or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Applied Insight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.