Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded Systems Engineer for Atlassian's Security Development team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature software systems to improve the entire company's security posture.
As a Systems Engineer, you'll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of Atlassian's security tools and services. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our services that will challenge and grow your technical abilities. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for production systems. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our security services.
If you are a strong systems engineer interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
On your first day, you will have experience in:
- Programming or scripting experience across one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Bash)
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud providers - minimum of 1 year
- Instrumentation of monitoring metrics and statistics for production systems
- Building and maintaining a continuous integration and delivery pipeline (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Responding to alerts, incidents, and requests for production services
- Administration and management of Linux systems
- Experience managing 3rd party software systems that require vendor engagement
It's preferred if you have:
- Experience building large scale, high load distributed systems on AWS or other cloud infrastructure with a focus on operational maturity
- Participation in an on-call rotation
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience using data and metrics to evaluate new technologies and technical directions
- Hands-on experience with monitoring/metrics systems (e.g. SignalFx, DataDog)
- Familiarity with information security systems would be a huge bonus, specifically Palo Alto XSOAR, Rapid7 Nexpose, Tenable.io , and Stamus Suricata IDS
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .