Systems Engineer, Productivity at Uber
About the Role
ITEng - Enterprise Applications, Portfolio Team
We're looking for great teammates with natural IT intuition that create scalable systems with a delightful user experience. Our mission is to make Uber's team superhuman through our toolset, integrations, and platforms. You will work closely with a highly capable team of engineers, business systems analysts, and program managers to ensure the most efficient Enterprise Application Portfolio.
What You'll Do
As an IT Eng Systems Engineer on the Enterprise Applications Team, you will be instrumental in defining, executing, and maintaining SaaS applications and system standards for Uber employees worldwide. Your initiatives will drive the digital experience for the Uber workforce. Your decisions will contribute to a user platform and experience that is extremely functional, scalable, and reliable.
- Create frameworks for Employee Productivity and ensure the value of company-wide initiatives.
- Analyze existing applications and workflows to identify end-user pain points.
- Use the findings to shape our application portfolio with a mind toward user productivity.
- Develop and implement solutions that increase collaboration, promote more effective utilization of applications, unlock true value of apps, reduce risk and administrative effort.
- Identify redundant tools and help the organization to standardize on a chosen application.
- Work with senior leaders, operations managers, and professional staff across other organizational units to develop and prioritize plans. Follow up to ensure implemented changes are effective.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactively create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; operational training and support hand-off to peers/organizational units.
- Own the lifecycle responsibility for requirements gathering, architecting and designing, vetting, building, developing and managing complex automation and/or interactions between existing solutions.
- Strong knowledge of maximizing application utilization through usage analysis and deprovisioning efforts.
- Have a history driving SaaS application implementation and termination initiatives.
- Experience engaging vendors regarding critical issues, enhancements, and roadmaps.
- Experience operationalizing and standardizing the support framework of applications at scale via the creation of high-quality technical documentation and the design of policies, processes, and procedures.
- Experience using cost-benefit analyses in order to develop cost-efficient systems for specific projects.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Appreciation for thorough implementation of a new solution, including gathering data, creating the proof-of-concept and validating that solution meets the business need.
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- 5+ years of IT System Management Experience, multiple domains of knowledge are encouraged.
- 2+ years of experience in managing content and project management applications, such as: Adobe, Asana, Box, Figma, Coda, Jira, and Zendesk.
- Acquainted with consuming RESTful APIs and Integration Services
- Understanding Software Asset Management or Application Portfolio Management best practices.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.