Systems Engineer III, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
- Are you an experienced system engineer skilled at developing and implementing operations support systems (OSS) applications?
- Can you commit to a position enhancing the quality of the operations systems for a technology leader?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about designing, developing and implementing high-quality OSS upgrades and enhancements. As a Systems Engineer III, you are dedicated to system quality and client satisfaction. You accelerate growth by efficiently programming multiple OSS applications and their associated operating systems and databases. You excel at the application administration of OSS software that supports all the Spectrum Enterprise divisions.
Using industry-current engineering expertise, you successfully guide the full lifecycle of systems engineering activities for high-quality, scalable solutions. You focus on guiding projects through the implementation of approved system architecture and designs. You maximize the system through process improvement recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams across various application development projects. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Review existing integration capabilities, data sources and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality while coordinating with internal departments.
- Innovate systems solutions by conducting design sessions with Architects and Engineers to create configuration designs for implementation in various environments.
- Drive system engineering projects through the creation of detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications, services and system enhancements.
- Release products and enhancements on time by drafting work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization.
- Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Boost efficiency through the review of new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and effectiveness.
- Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration, configuration and maintenance, to include the operating system and related software.
- Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows by using established change management processes.
- Maximize the databases by working with administrators to configure, tune and maintain them in a variety of languages.
- Refer to completed projects in the future by documenting all systems configurations and upgrades.
- Maintain continuous operations by designing and implementing change control policies and disaster recovery plans while leading the troubleshooting efforts in the event of an outage.
- Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications, device availability, network conditions, system reliability and performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of system administration experience.
- Three or more years of database support and development experience.
- Three or more years of experience in enterprise application integration (EAI).
- Four or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Five or more years of application development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering concepts and system or super-system skills, including NetApp Clustered On-TAP, Cisco UCS and VMWare systems.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks and testing tools.
- Expert in OSS applications, software and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to conduct design sessions to determine specific solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Track record of creating detailed documentation to show how to functionally understand new and existing applications.
- Experienced in following and implementing established change and control policies and procedures.
- History of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and planning, monitoring and controlling the systems engineering process.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Five or more years of system administration experience.
- Five or more years of database support and development experience.
- Five or more years of experience in enterprise application integration (EAI).
- Six or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Seven or more years of application development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) or Cisco certified network professional (CCNP) certification (preferred).
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) data center certification (preferred).
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) routing and switching certification (preferred).