We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In the Systems Engineer, Atlassian Applications role you will serve as the primary technical resource for Coinbase's Atlassian deployments. You will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and extending these business critical applications ensuring security, reliability, and performance. You will help scale these applications to support the company’s future growth.
- Technical administration and operation of the Atlassian product suite including Confluence, Jira, and Jira Service Management and related plugins
- Plan and implement application upgrades
- Evaluate and implement new plug-ins
- Design, develop, and implement integrations with third party applications and custom services
- Maintain user management configuration for SSO and Okta user sync
- Collaborate with end users to design and implement automation rules and scripts to meet business requirements
- Participate in end user training and knowledge transfer
- Develop automation and create custom plugins to promote self-service, increase efficiency and productivity, and simplify maintenance and administration
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues and bugs
- Identify and apply best practices to effectively scale the applications
- Maintain runbooks and related documentation
- Look for opportunities to extend the collaboration ecosystem
- Pair with infrastructure engineers to maintain, extend, and enhance source code for infrastructure and application deployments
- Participate in on call support of the Atlassian applications
- Solid understanding of application architecture
- Working knowledge of Atlassian architecture, api, database tables, application logs, email handlers, and application links
- Familiarity with user management best practices and integration with identity management applications
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of user, application, and system-level issues
- Knowledge of agile development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment practices
- Desire to gain experience working with infrastructure as code, AWS cloud services, and related deployment technologies
- Ability to maintain a steadfast focus on security, reliability, and performance of the applications
- Detail oriented coupled with strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and functional users
- Ability to work effectively in a remote-first work environment
- 3-5 years experience performing technical system administration of enterprise-level Confluence, Jira, and Jira Service Management Data Center deployments
- Experience performing application upgrades, implementing integrations, troubleshooting indexing, performance and configuration issues
- Experience with observability and monitoring of Atlassian applications
- Working knowledge of programming languages / technologies including HTML, Python, Java, Groovy, CSS, SQL, Linux
- Experience developing SQL scripts and api queries in support of system maintenance and administration and business requirements
- Experience developing automation using PowerScripts or Scriptrunner
- Experience working with the command line interface
- Atlassian certification ACP-100 Jira Administration for Data Center and Server
- Experience configuring Refined for Confluence, Refined for Jira Service Management
- Experience developing custom plugins
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $162,350 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.