Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
System integration engineer, Vehicle features
This is what you’ll do:
- Work alongside feature champion(s) to develop integration and test plans for cross functional vehicle features.
- Lead the integration and end to end validation of said features.
- Work with test engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented.
- Report on feature status and file tickets for issues that need to be investigated and resolved.
- Investigate and debug issues between in-vehicle software and the greater Rivian eco-system including cloud based telemetry, OTA capabilities, mobile app, service integrations, and more.
- Work across the company to develop a comprehensive vehicle settings and user profile architecture.
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Software development experience. Able to read, write and debug code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute against the plan with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills able to keep all stakeholders informed and engaged throughout project life cycle.
- Ability to multitask and apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
- Experience working on electromechanical devices is a plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Systems Architecture & Integration
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.