System Engineer at World Wide Technology (Orlando, FL)
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today, we employ over 7,000 individuals and over $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for an Systems Engineer SOCOM to join our Government Services Team.
Why should you join the Government Services team?
Our Government Services team provides cleared resources with a global reach to Federal civilian, Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community markets. We excel at delivering innovative, operationally ready, and cost-effective IT solutions that accelerate the interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.
Want to learn more about our Government Services? Check us out on our platform:
What will you be doing?
Systems Engineers perform engineering level support in accordance with the Government standards. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government's software and hardware, Systems Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential. Systems Engineers must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests are required. This position will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Systems Engineers require extensive knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands Systems Engineers must have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred.
Location: MacDill AFB/Tampa, FL
- Develops, maintains, and supports technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Performs installation, maintenance, optimization, and support of system software and hardware
- Performs end-user support requiring System Engineer Subject Matter Expertise support
- Configures, debugs, and supports multiple infrastructure platforms
- Engineer and lead the enterprise virtual infrastructure and system software components
- Provides support and technical expertise in Directory Services technology, including DNS, GPO, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Provides support of Identity Management roles, policies, hardware, software maintain AD/GAL synchronization
- Directory Services support, including DNS, GPO, AADC, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Support Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) roles, policies, hardware, software, and procedures needed to create, manage, distribute, use, store and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption.
- Troubleshoot PKI-related server and client issues to include middle-ware applications and configurations.
- Performs high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creates and documents preventive measures
- Works as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends in information technology and help shape the work for the Government.
- Works with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions.
- Engineer host environments to support complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer requirements
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes, and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Must Have an Active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification, and one of the following:
- MCSE Certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Expert related to candidate's work area
- Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional
- Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administration Expert
- Azure Solutions Architect
- Azure DevOps Engineer
- Expertise in a systems or application programming language (e.g., Java, C++).
- Knowledge of data structures and relational database systems relevant to candidates work area (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres).
- Working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP).
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT - it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness programs
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page atwww.wwt.comfor more information.
*This role may require on-location work with WWT clients and is contingent upon end client acceptance. Some clients may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.*