SVP, Engineering at NielsenIQ
At NielsenIQ, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class platforms and analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
We’re looking for a passionate, analytical, innovative leader who wants to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. The roles requires a leader who is customer oriented, with strong commercial acumen and who acts as a true partner to the business to achieve success. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and extensive experience in scalable platforms, we’re looking for you!
What you’ll do
- Hands on leadership and end to end responsibility of our Backend Platform and Frontend applications working with other leaders in across Product and Technology
- Support and lead technical conversations, including architecture review, code review, and drive SDLC process as required
- Manage a large budget across multiple teams and markets
- Work proactively to ensure our applications are resilient and secure working with our cybersecurity team
- Lead full cycle development of strategic initiatives and provide overall technical guidance to all teams
- Work closely with the platform product leader, creating a linkage between technology development and commercial outcomes
How you'll invest in talent
- Develop and inspire a world class team fostering the highest quality talent while scaling to meet business challenges
- Cultivate strong culture and engagement, ensuring associates are committed and excited about their work
- Identify and develop NielsenIQ’s future leaders and senior technologists acting as a talent multiplier
We’re looking for people who have
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years experience in developing scalable and cloud native platforms with deep experience in leading delivery teams in agile software development practices and DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability, security and availability
- Excellent experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and enjoys being challenged
- Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior executives
- Strong capability to attract, invest, and grow talent in their teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #LI-AK3
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.