Sustaining Data Ops Engineer at Veeva
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:19 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Pleasanton office - it’s up to you.
Veeva is looking for Sustaining Data Ops Engineers to support Veeva Nitro, our cloud-based Analytic solutions for the Life Sciences industry. As a Sustaining Data Ops Engineer, you will be charged with working with operational data environments, identifying, troubleshooting, and fixing critical product issues. You’ll also help build tools and utilities for automating and monitoring our Veeva Nitro products.
Veeva Nitro analytic solutions utilize multiple data pipelines, streaming, and ETL technologies to model data applications, and integrate reporting interfaces. If you are a “Data Person”, like troubleshooting and solving problems, have strong relational + Big Data skills, would like to expand your experience in analytic techniques and tools, you’ll love this gig – and we’d love to talk with you.
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot critical customer reported analytic issues in the Veeva Nitro products
- Learn everything about the Veeva Nitro modules and use that knowledge to ensure our customers are successful
- Develop reports + dashboards using Apache Superset, Tableau, or similar tools
- Build tools to help with identifying, fixing, and troubleshooting product issues
- Collaborate with the Development, Support, Product, and QA teams to diagnose and resolve complex customer issues
- Identify problems that may impact multiple customers
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- 2+ Experience in Data-Oriented Software Support or Sustaining role, demonstrating strong SQL expertise, familiarity with Data Warehousing techniques
- Experience scripting data flow, transformation, and acquisition via Python / Bash scripts, with familiarity in Python data management libraries (Pandas, CSV, JSON, Parquet)
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills to reduce customer concerns in urgent or critical situations
- Ability to technically collaborate with product engineers and customer support teams while troubleshooting customer escalations
Nice to Have
- Experience with MPP databases (Redshift, Teradata, Greenplum, Vertica), optimization, and data modeling techniques
- Experience with Big Data environments (Hive, Presto, Glue, Arrow)
- Experience on AWS or similar cloud environments (Boto3)
- Experience with Kibana
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]