GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
A brief overview of the GitLab Customer Support department:
The GitLab Customer Support Department is a 100+ person globally distributed team that consists of Support Engineering, Support Operations, and Support Management.
The GitLab Support Team provides technical support to GitLab Saas and Self-Managed customers.
Blogs about working in Customer Support @ GitLab:
Working for GitLab - A Support Engineer's perspective
GitLab Support Virtual Pizza Party
Support Engineering Management at GitLab isn’t your typical management opportunity because of our approach to the function. Support is embedded within the Engineering department and truly operates in an environment where Support and Engineering meet. Your team will be interacting with customers daily as they encounter the difficult edge cases of running GitLab in complex environments.
Support Engineering Managers at GitLab lead teams in the order of ten Support Engineers distributed across a region. At GitLab, we hold that managers should be technically competent and experienced in the subject matter. We also look for managers who have a strong management philosophy and experience leading high-growth, scaling, distributed and diverse technical support teams. While Support Engineering Managers at GitLab spend a lot of time hiring, onboarding, and training, they are at the core of resolving customer escalations and play a vital role in cross-functional projects and initiatives.You should apply if:
- you have an affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support, and making customers happy.
- you’ve got 2+ years experience leading support engineering teams.
- you’ve got 5+ years of support experience.
- within the last 5 years, you have held a role at one company for at least 2 years.
- you’ve got extensive experience building and scaling teams.
- you’re experienced in creating and implementing new processes and procedures.
- you’ve got experience leading remote, distributed teams across geographies with a keen focus on employee development and the achievement of desired results.
- you’ve got extensive experience in leading teams to take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution.
- you’re experienced with some of the following: Linux, Git, CI/CD, MVC frameworks (Rails, Django, Laravel or others).
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.