Support Engineer (API Cloud Platform) at Acronis (Tampa Bay, FL)
Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are in an exciting phase of rapid-growth and expansion and looking for a Support Engineer who is ready to join us in creating a #CyberFit future and protecting the digital world!
As the API and Integration Support Engineer, by joining our team you will be working on innovative technologies for Acronis Cyber Cloud Platform. You will serve as a technical interface to our ISV partners, supporting their development and integration efforts to incorporate Acronis Cyber Cloud Platform services into their solutions via Acronis API. This involves working collaboratively with QA, RnD, and Product Management located globally. This job is perfectly suited for a person with junior developer, developer support, or support engineering experience working with web applications or cloud technologies (a recent graduate with relevant programming skills could also be a match), who interacts well with others, and has effective communication skills. The main responsibility would be assisting our ISV partners’ development community (Acronis Developer Network portal), and answering questions about API, SDK, and other platform integration matters via email, forum, or other channels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Actively work with partners and customers to answer API- and Platform-related technical questions via email, phone, Forum community, or alternative channels
- Learn our API products in depth to be able to answer product knowledge on the fly; provide best practices for implementing API requests and deploying supported SDK products in automation and integration scenarios with Acronis Cyber Platform
- Troubleshoot development stand issues related to our API or documentation inconsistencies, perform technical analysis of partner-reported problems and define plan for fixing them
- Work closely with the Expert, Engineering, Product Management teams to address ISV partners’ technical issues related to Cloud platform API, SDK, and other technical integration questions (act as a liaison between the partner and internal Acronis resources)
- Implement defect fixes in collaboration with Engineering teams
- Create best practice guides and other Support documentation for Acronis Developer Network portal
- Under the direction of a higher-level engineer, test software and hardware patches and solutions provided from product development
- Interact daily with other engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of cases that require escalation
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Fluent English (both verbal and written, Upper Intermediate as minimum)
- Ability to analyze technical issues and to convey technical information effectively
- Programming experience in Python and/or PHP
- Experience in REST and RESTful APIs
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills necessary
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or 1+ year of programming experience
- 2+ years of work experience in an applicable industry and role are a plus
- Understanding of cloud computing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system and computer networking / any Linux or Mac experience
- Experience collecting and analyzing the following Windows logs/information: System Report; PCAP logs; HAR logs (only collecting); Debug logs (only collecting)
- Exchange/SQL basic knowledge: architecture; components; native backup tools; permissions; services and processes; native management tools (GUI or CMD): check and apply general settings
- VMware/Hyper-V: snapshotting; clustering; setup; VM storage
- Strong internal customer focus with desire to learn all aspects of the business
- High level of discipline, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining a high-level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Team-player and positive attitude, eager to do more and help out, views challenging situations as opportunities
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Passion and commitment to succeed by working hard and never giving up
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis is truly a global organization with more than 1,900 employees in 33 locations in 18 countries. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses, including 100% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Acronis products are available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries in more than 30 languages. Acronis is in an exciting phase of growth and expansion, recently receiving a $250 million investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing the total valuation to more than $2.5 billion.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.