Supplier Quality Engineer at TuSimple (Tucson, AZ)
You can apply to the job with this email address:[email protected]
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Supplier Quality Engineer protects the company from the negative impact of poor supplier quality and ensures supplier specifications released from engineering are feasible. You will also evaluate supplier performance and manage continual improvement activities while managing supplier technical interface and relationship through product development to production (APQP / PPAP).
Join us and be a part of excellence!
- Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to ensure appropriate quality expectations and assurance methods are implemented
- Development and communication of supplier control plans
- Develop and implement quality inspection processes and tools at the supplier(s)
- Evaluate and communicate yield rates of new and existing supplier processes
- Define, direct studies and implement process improvements where appropriate
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supply base to ensure alignment with associated quality standards
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify risks to expectation, and drive corrective actions
- Review APQP with supplier and other internal functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs
- Evaluate supplier readiness and consistency to APQP at appropriate development and qualification stages as required
- Ensures that the components/products at the supplier produces are released according to agreed specifications and quality requirements (APQP / PPAP)
- Monitor supplier’s performance using production, inspection and audit data
- Problem Solving: (8D) / SCAR/ RTV management: Effective and timely containment and closure
- Generate supplier performance summary and communicate to appropriate teams and management
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5-10 years relevant industry experience
- Expertise in the Quality management processes and methods used in the manufacture of electro-mechanical components and assemblies for the automotive or vehicle supply base.
- Experience and working knowledge of Quality Management System processes, procedures and data reporting.
- Experience with quality standards and methods in performing supplier audits and compliance validation
- Knowledge of autonomous technology supply base and general supplier quality control attributes for mechanical and electrical components and parts
- Knowledge and understanding of: ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 ; ISO 15504 ASPICE ; VDA
- Six Sigma Qualifications
- Knowledge of QMS IT support systems encompassing PLM, ERP, & MES
- Complex Problem Solving: Practical Problem Solving, 8D, 5Y, SCARs, RTV
- Multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge basic Supplier Quality principles, theories and concepts
- Performance Monitoring,
- GD&T BS:8888 ISO 1101
- Quality tooling / processes: Inspection fixtures, CMM processes
- Able to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering data, develop the manufacturing and assembly process
- Able to make decisions based on data and facts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Explorer
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and associated quality control techniques,
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ. Relocation to Tucson, AZ is REQUIRED.
You can apply to the job with this email address:[email protected] Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,