Structural NVH Engineer at Rivian (Remote)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Support development of the vehicle to meets its noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) requirements
- Set performance targets for NVH at a vehicle, system and component level
- Perform normal modes and frequency response analysis at a trimmed body, structural body, system and component level
- Build high quality, detailed NVH models of the full trimmed vehicle body
- Use optimisation techniques to develop performance and identify structural enablers
- Report results in a clear and easy to understand way. Identify the relevant results from large data sets and give design direction
- Represent the NVH attribute in the business and take ownership for the delivery of good performance
- Use scripting, the latest tools and software vendor support to automate and accelerate the model build and analysis process
- Lead and support physical testing activities for benchmarking, model correlation and product validation, including lab selection, test definition and instrumentation, and processing and interpreting results
- Correlate CAE models at all levels, from material to full vehicle test
- Collaborate with other teams to meet the project demands, including liaising with remote teams in different time zones
- BEng or higher (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or another relevant subject
- 3 years’ experience with NVH-relevant CAE analysis, for example in Nastran or Optistruct
- A strong understanding of mechanics and vibration, particularly with relation to vehicle noise and vibration
- Understanding of automotive body structures and systems, along with the ability to develop modelling methods for structural analysis
- Experience correlating simulation results to test data
- Proficiency with common pre and post processing tools (e.g. Hyperworks, NVH Director, Ansa/Meta)
This is where you’ll work:
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected].Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.