Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this job you will be conducting durability simulation and analysis of vehicle structures using finite element tools such as Abaqus, OptiStruct, nCode DesignLife, ANSAand Hyperview/META
- Interpret simulation results to design engineers and suggest feasible design changes for to ensure component, system, and vehicle level targets are met
- Cooperate with design release engineers and suppliers to collect pertinent material properties, connection information, and relevant modeling information for analysis
- Participate in meshing and connecting parts based on the necessities of the team
- Participate in developing analysis procedures for durability load cases and benchmarking
- Support physical testing through setup and instrumentation selection as well as processing and interpreting results to identify issues and make recommendations
- Collaborate with program management, systems engineering, manufacturing, studio, and other development teams
- BS + 5 years, MS+ 2 years or PhD in mechanical engineering or similar field
- Experience in ANSA, Abaqus, and Hyperview/META or similar software with application in the static analysis of automotive structures is a plus
- Strong academic background in solid mechanics, materials, and structural analysis
- Experience of preparing formal reports summarizing analysis results
- Basic knowledge of material properties associated with automotive structures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team work skill
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.